zOMG. That was the best airsoft game I went to in forever. It was great to see spunkyrakune
. It was a shame that murries
couldn't come though; he was moving house.
There were close to 300 players at Proteus on Sunday so the organisers
decided to hold a day-long game. Unfortunately there was a helluva lot of
cow-pats around; queue lots of jokes and radio messages regarding shit, and very smelly boots.
Anyway The objective of the game was "Capture the Flag". We were split into
three teams of equal numbers and had to score as many points as possible by
raising any of five flags. Each flag had it's own secret points value and
once it had been raised would be lowered again by a marshal for the next
score. The twist was that a team could not recapture a flag until the enemy
had captured it from them. The team with the most points at the end of the day would win.
Hellsing, along with other "Coalition" members (Rag-Tags, New Republic Special Forces, etc) were on Blue Team. At the end of the day, despite feeling that we'd slipped in the afternoon, Blue Team won by over 150 points compared to the 2nd place team. :D
I can't remember everything but here's a general run down of the most memorable events.
- When I was running up our second flag (Flag 1) I caned the ring finger of my left hand. It bled a bit and has a slight bruise now.
- I was transferring some BBs from one of my mags to Pliskin's speedloader (he only has one mag for his sniper rifle) and one of the red team took the flag we were guarding. We let him take the flag and then peppered him; fastest flag capture, methinks. ;)
- About 10 of us were moving up between some buildings and we saw one of the red team looking in the opposite direction about 20ft away from us. We waited to see if he would notice us for a moment then Foxdie shouted "Hey, what colour are you?" The guy looked at us for about five seconds, which gave us time to see his red arm band, and then tried to scramble away. We peppered him. ;)
- Five of us were clearing a room and one of the red team had hidden around the corner into a corridor. NinjaChicken threw a grenade around the corner just as the red guy was coming towards us, the grenade hitting the poor guy in the crotch before exploding under his feet.
- Pliskin had possibly too much fun playing Sniper with his new spring L96A1, getting 8 "kills" in about 10 minutes.
That's all I can remember right now. I'll update this if I can think of anymore. XD